Friday 1 January 2016

GOALS FOR 2016


I've never been one for New Year's resolutions. I've never made any as I just know that I wouldn't stick to them. But this year I feel like setting myself a few pretty achievable goals for 2016. Now, this isn't anything like the whole 'new year new me' kind of goals. They're pretty simple and not exactly monumental, but I thought if I write them down, maybe, just maybe, I might be more likely to set my mind to completing them. I'm not going to change the world, but they may change my world for the better.

1. Get Fit
I know, I know, how cliché of me. I'm not saying that by next December I'm going to have a body like Jen Selter, but if I just take those baby steps of actually joining a gym, I might just be able to get my butt off the couch and go a couple of times a week. I've always been apposed to the gym, but since the weather is always so awful and dark and miserable, I haven't been getting outside to do any walking or jogging. I'm just going to have to suck it up and get myself into shape on those awful gym machines - yay.

2. Be a Better Blogger
Since I picked back up with my blog in September, I've been really enjoying it! Granted, I haven't been the most consistent of bloggers - apologies! - but I really want to try hard this year to write more posts and be a little more creative with it. I'm looking forward to challenging myself with my content - but please be patient, I'm still new!

3. Read More Books
This was one of my goals for 2015 and I think I've done a pretty good job of it, if I say so myself. I've read more books this year than I have for a long time. Reading more is something that I think will always be a goal for me. I mostly stick to fiction, however this year I feel like branching out, maybe autobiographies or motivational books - any suggestions?

4. A Line a Day
For my birthday last year, my friend very kindly bought me the book pictured above - 'A Line a Day for Three Years'. Each day has its own page with a question or statement for you to respond to. What's great is that there is space on each page for you to answer the same question for three different years. It'll be so good to look back on previous years on the same day and see how my answers change. I do hope that I manage to stick to it - it has prime position on my desk to remind me!

5. Make Time for Me
Following my 'Digital Detox' blog post, this year I'm really going to try and make time for the things that make me happy. I'm guilty of spending too much time aimlessly flicking through my phone when really I'd enjoy taking a walk or watching a film or writing a blog post much more. I'm going to focus on the things that I love and that I am passionate about and see where they take me.

Happy New Year!
Do you have any goals for 2016?

Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LAURA SIAN TAYLOR

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig