Sunday 20 September 2015

FACE OF THE WEEK #1


This week it's been all about the minimal makeup for me. On an early weekday morning, I need something that is quick and easy but makes me look slightly more awake than I feel! This is how I achieved a natural, simple look.

I skipped using a base product and stuck to three different concealers (slightly excessive, I realise!). Firstly I used the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Vanilla around my nose and on my chin, areas where I tend to suffer from redness. I then went in with my YSL Touche Eclat to brighten my under eyes and used the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in the shade 'light' on any blemishes I wanted a bit more coverage on. 

My go to bronzer at the moment is the L'Oreal Glam Bronze. I applied this around the edge of my face, under my chin and below my cheekbones to give a slight contour. To make my skin appear a bit more dewy, I used theBalm Mary Lou Manizer. A little bit goes a very long way with this product, I learnt the hard way! I applied it with a soft fluffy brush and a very light hand. 

Next I used my tried and tested brow duo. I used the Soap and Glory Archery pencil in the shade 'blondshell' to lightly fill my brows and shape any sparse areas. I then set them in place with the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in the clear shade as I didn't want them to look too dark or bold.

For my eyes I used the Naked Basics palette from Urban Decay. I started with the second and third shades, 'Foxy' and 'W.O.S', and swept both of them across the whole eyelid to build a neutral base. I then used the forth shade, 'Naked 2', in the crease to create some slight definition. I finished off with the only shimmery shade in the palette, 'Venus', which I applied to the inner corners of my eyes. To finish off the look I applied a few coats of the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara which makes my lashes super long.

There we have it. Quick, simple and fool proof enough for even the sleepiest of brains. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!


Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LAURA SIAN TAYLOR

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig